Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Night in Piazza Navona

Me and my roommates were on our way out the other night, and we walked through Piazza Navona real quick to get where we were going. On our brief walk-through, I thought to myself I am going to have to spend a few nights just here, considering the situation. There was live music and entertainment, people everywhere just hanging around and enjoying the scene and company of many other Romans and tourists, and in Rome it is perfectly acceptable to have yourself a glass of wine, a drink, or a beer when in public places. There was a man playing a guitar singing awesome classic rock songs that the crowd was just embracing. The place is lit up very gracefully, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of thought went into how to place which lights in which places. Everything looked so beautiful and interesting to me.

I've made it a habit that when I hear American voices and people look friendly enough, to try and talk to them for a quick minute, because tourist can learn a lot from each other. So on this specific night, we walked past a bunch of kids, heard them speaking English, and started talking to them. Sure enough they were Penn State students also from the Arts and Architecture program. They are actually lucky enough to live on a great appartment that overlooks the beautiful Piazza Novona. We ended up going out with these guys, and had another great night in Roma.

No comments: