Monday, May 19, 2008

A Sunday in Piazza Navona

Yesterday, on my way to the classroom, I strolled through Piazza Navona to see what it is like on a Sunday in the early afternoon. That morning hadn't been nice weather, but the afternoon was shaping up to be pretty nice. It was quite a calming scene. I saw mostly couples and singles just lounging around the fountains and sitting in the restaurants having a drink, just relaxing and enjoying their restful Sunday. I hope that one Sunday me and maybe a friend or two can go relax and enjoy this scene. It was interesting to me to see a blend of young and old all taking part in the same easygoing activities. I enjoyed it, and wished that we had more of that in our culture. For many, I'm sure Piazza Navona on a Sunday is a great way to have a little relaxation before the start of a busy week.

No comments: